[asterisk-dev] configuring imap enabled voicemail from shell

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed May 2 04:54:18 MST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 07:04:27AM -0400, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> In my 1.4.X asterisk ebuilds I do it in a kludge way:
>
>         einfo "Building menuselect.makeopts..."
>         make menuselect.makeopts || die "Make failed"
>
>         use imap && \
>                 sed -i
> s/MENUSELECT_OPTS_app_voicemail=/MENUSELECT_OPTS_app_voicemail=IMAP_STORAGE/
> menuselect.makeopts
>
>         einfo "Building Asterisk..."
>         emake || die "Make failed"

Which is what I meant by sed hacks.

In the Debian package put a similar thing. Though I generally never run
'make || true' as it hides build problems.

(In order to build h323 safely with that principle I did have to do a
few patches).

It also assumes quite a few things about the implementation of
menuselect. As you patch its internal generated files. No, I have no
better suggestion.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org