[asterisk-dev] M9645: provide zaptel master timing to spans

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed May 2 07:01:45 MST 2007

Hi

I'd like to get your input regarding
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9645

The patch adds an extra span method:

  int (*sync_tick)(struct zt_span *span, int is_master);

The zaptel sync master span will call it to any span (in which it is not
NULL) at each of its ticks.

We use it to synchronize the clocks of our hardware devices with the
current zaptel master (and hence: with Asterisk). Note that such a
function must be written carefully as not to cause circular calls.

What do you think about such an interface? Useful?
Now that I think about it, that code is called near the end of the
relevant part of zt_recieve . Calling it a bit earlier may have given
the called spans a slightly cleaner spans (e.g: independent on the
number of pseudo channels).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org