[asterisk-dev] Beginner question - Opening project in kdevelop

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue May 1 06:03:00 MST 2007

On Tuesday 01 May 2007, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Thiago,
> Each time you ask about IDEs you will get the same answer:
> "why aren'y you using vim+bash? you should die because you don't. every
> thing else just stinks. die, or use vim". Some will tell you to use emacs,
> but very few will take the path that you are trying to take
>
> People developing (anything on "linux" and *BSD) are hardcore CLI fans.
> Those of use who don't like CLI and prefear GUI are always the minority.
> You should die and suffer because you are fscking GUI n00i, get a life and
> use the real linux...

I've been watching this thread carefully, and while I did express that I use
vim and other command line tools, nowhere did I (or anybody else for that
matter) disparage your GUI.  You are certainly welcome to use any tools
that you like for custom development, although from your email, it sounds
like you had an inordinate amount of difficulty in using your preferred tool.
One cannot help but wonder if, as a supporter of a GUI developer tool, you had
this much trouble, how many others have you dissuaded from using that tool in
the future?

--
Tilghman