[asterisk-dev] The New CDR system

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Mar 30 14:01:19 MST 2007

Steve Edwards wrote:
> What would the advantage be to send the CDRs over IAX?

I'm just thinking out loud, really.  I'm not terribly familiar with the
networking capabilities of remotely connecting to databases.  However,
if you have to open up IAX2 on your network, anyway, it means you don't
also have to open your network for the database traffic.

Also, if whatever storage method you would like to use for the logs of
call events was not accessible over the network, then this would provide
that ability.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer