[asterisk-dev] TLS support

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Mon Jun 18 08:26:17 CDT 2007

On 6/17/07, Aryanto Rachmad <aryanto at chello.at> wrote:
> How about if we started with SIP over TLS?
>
> I am currently playing around with SRTP patch, so I think it would be great if somebody could write a TLS patch. I could maybe try
> that, but my C knowledge is very very limited :)

As I understand it, before we can do SIP over TLS we first need to
support SIP over TCP.  Changing Asterisk to support SIP over TCP is
non-trivial, but as I understand it there is already some work being
done in that area.  I suggest you search the bug tracker for patches
related to SIP over TCP and help test them.

-Jared