[asterisk-dev] Bug in setting/retrieving channel variables

Clod Patry cpatry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 19:06:51 CDT 2007

why not having an option in asterisk.conf, like:
args_delimiter=,
or
args_delimiter=|

So any user could choose which specific delimiter they want?

So the parsing could check only for that specific delimiter instead
checking for , and | ?

That could be only for next branch, until a final decision is made
regarding arguments delimiters.

On 7/24/07, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:
> David Roden wrote:
> > I'm building a telephony application using asterisk-1.2.13 and
> > Asterisk-Java 0.3 and I encounter some strange behaviour in the
> > following situation:
>
> The Asterisk 1.2 series is up to version 1.2.22.  1.2.13 is nine months old.
> You'll have to be using an up to date version before the development team can
> begin tracking down a bug.
>
> With that said, to answer your question, from a quick look at the code, it
> doesn't appear to be a timing issue.  The Newchannel manager event is not
> generated until the channel is completely initialized, which includes variable
> inheritance.
>
> You may want to query the asterisk-users list to see if anyone else has faced a
> similar situation.
>
> Good luck,
>
> --
> Russell Bryant