[asterisk-dev] Bug in setting/retrieving channel variables

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jul 24 06:53:13 CDT 2007

David Roden wrote:
> I'm building a telephony application using asterisk-1.2.13 and
> Asterisk-Java 0.3 and I encounter some strange behaviour in the
> following situation:

The Asterisk 1.2 series is up to version 1.2.22.  1.2.13 is nine months old.
You'll have to be using an up to date version before the development team can
begin tracking down a bug.

With that said, to answer your question, from a quick look at the code, it
doesn't appear to be a timing issue.  The Newchannel manager event is not
generated until the channel is completely initialized, which includes variable
inheritance.

You may want to query the asterisk-users list to see if anyone else has faced a
similar situation.

Good luck,

--
Russell Bryant