[asterisk-dev] where is the config file format documented ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jul 24 12:34:12 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 11:09:57AM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>
> > I would probably suggest etc/asterisk/README.conf or something
> > evident in the config directory.
>
> I am not aware of any other applications that install documentation into
> config file directories (in /etc or anywhere else), so I don't think I
> would recommend that.
>
> Instead, we should follow the model for the platform we are installing
> on... in the case of Linux, that is the LSB, and the docs should be
> installed into /usr/share/doc/asterisk.

All of Asterisk's configs/ directory is currently the reference for
Asterisk's configuration files (rather than merely example
configurations).

I don't think we should be installing to /usr/share/doc . Not to mention
Debian, RedHat and SUSE have three different conventions there. Leave
updating that to package management. I'm fine with $SRC_DIR/configs .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com