[asterisk-dev] where is the config file format documented ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jul 24 10:22:40 CDT 2007

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> sorry for the stupid question, but is there an obvious place
> where the .conf file syntax is documented ?

There is no place currently where the config file format is documented;
I would suggest creating doc/config_files.txt (or similar) as a place to
document it. asterisk.conf.sample is not the right place, as it is
designed to document the (potential) contents of asterisk.conf, not
describe the format for all other config files.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies