[asterisk-dev] Deprecate non SASL authentication in res_jabber

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 6 09:14:35 CDT 2007

Philippe Sultan wrote:

> However, I can perfectly understand that you don't want to break the
> full featured jabber client code Matt provided. As I mentioned it
> before, I was just thinking of including this in trunk for 1.6, but
> not 1.4. If you guys think we should wait a little longer for that,
> that will be fine for me too :)

I would agree with your plan to leave it alone for 1.4, and mark its
usage deprecated for 1.6 (trunk). Since it has been part of an official
release, we can't remove it without giving users an entire release cycle
of warning unless there is a very good reason to do so (like it results
in a security vulnerability or something of that sort).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies