[asterisk-dev] Deprecate non SASL authentication in res_jabber

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 10:41:45 CDT 2007

> Right. Sorry. So I rephrase the question: Will we be compatible with
> the jabber servers in use today?

Yes. I validated it with Google's jabber server, and jabberd2. As for
most jabber servers (eg. ejabberd, jabberd-1.4, openfire), their
latest releases support both authentication methods (for clients).

However, I can perfectly understand that you don't want to break the
full featured jabber client code Matt provided. As I mentioned it
before, I was just thinking of including this in trunk for 1.6, but
not 1.4. If you guys think we should wait a little longer for that,
that will be fine for me too :)

Philippe