[asterisk-dev] CLI filtering

Justin Tunney jtunney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 12:09:14 MST 2007

This is a FANTASTIC idea!  I am in desperate need of this feature
because it is next to impossible to do anything to an Asterisk box
that's in production.

As you mentioned, there is a huge disadvantage to the fact that every
time you would need to call ast_log() and ast_verbose() you'd need a
pointer to a channel variable.

I am not very familiar with the way GCC compiles code, but is there
anyway we could have ast_log() rape the stack looking for the nearest
channel pointer and assume that it is the most relevant one?  In other
situations where the programmer knows that the wrong channel is the
nearest on the stack, they could call a wrapper for ast_log() and
specify the channel manually.

- Justin Tunney