[asterisk-dev] CLI filtering

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jan 18 12:12:10 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 12:54 -0500, Clod Patry wrote:
> You could filter a specific channel, like Zap/17 for example.
>
> something like
> core filter channel SIP/1*

Maybe also a selection based on callerid? That way we can deal with PRI
calls that may come in on arbitrary channels. Also it would be able to
match a specific IAX or SIP call coming in.

> Im aware that all ast_log and ast_verbose will have to receive a
> pointer to the ast_channel. That bored job is almost done at this
> point.
> That patch is > 24 000 lines just for ast_log and without any channel
> drivers changed for now.

Crap, 24k lines?

> The second idea is to filter per session. When you have 2 persons in
> the CLI, if one person is doing a RTP debug, the other one will be
> like WTF! so it's to separate all that.
>
> I know a lot of person will say we could debug via log files and via
> ethereal, but that knowledge isnt given to all * users (like we all
> know). That stuff will be really simple to use

Maybe an option to send your filtered output to a specific log file? I
could see the interest in temporary filtering out 2 or 3 different
problems at one time and wanting them to go to a file for later looking
at.

Ohh, and if it wasn't clear from the suggestions, I think this is an
interesting and usefull idea. I don't know how much I will use it, but
then again, I don't have many problems out of asterisk anymore.