[asterisk-dev] CLI filtering

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Jan 18 11:51:19 MST 2007

Another "feature" that would fit into the "trying drinking from a fire
hydrant" solution would be to set a "trigger" that would start displaying
output. For example,

 	fs> set console filter trigger "dial"

thus, all console output would be discarded until a string containing dial
was detected.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Clod Patry wrote:

> hi guys,
> Since a couple of days i had a really big project in head, this is all about
> CLI filtering.
> The main problem is when you get pretty lot of calls, this is impossible to
> know whats going on in the CLI, the CLI just scroll down like hell.
> If you have many actives calls, there's no way to filter all the output in
> the CLI, which makes the CLI pretty hard to read for specific channel(s) and
> not to all channels.
> The main idea is to filter per channel(s) via active calls or regex to map
> your channel name(s).
> So you could filter just SIP/10 and SIP/11 for example. All the others
> ast_log and ast_verbose will be discarded.
> You could filter a specific channel, like Zap/17 for example.
>
> something like
> core filter channel SIP/1*
>
> This will be really useful for analog, sip,iax2, etc.
>

> Im aware that all ast_log and ast_verbose will have to receive a pointer to
> the ast_channel. That bored job is almost done at this point.
> That patch is > 24 000 lines just for ast_log and without any channel
> drivers changed for now.
>

> The second idea is to filter per session. When you have 2 persons in the
> CLI, if one person is doing a RTP debug, the other one will be like WTF! so
> it's to separate all that.
>
> I know a lot of person will say we could debug via log files and via
> ethereal, but that knowledge isnt given to all * users (like we all know).
> That stuff will be really simple to use
>

> --
> Clod Patry

Thanks in advance,