[asterisk-dev] CDR questions

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Thu Jan 11 07:41:23 MST 2007

Steve Murphy wrote:
> I shake my head over CDR's. Either something needs fixing, or I just
> plain am not understanding things correctly.

I agree there is lots of room for improvement...
> Now, it would seem more useful to me to End, and Post the current cdr,
> and then, create a new CDR in its place with a new start time, and carry
> over any vars, etc, that may have been associated with the previous CDR.
> It might be real nice if the two cdrs had the exact same uniqueID, and
> all the other stuff like userfield, etc. were the same.

Perhaps you're looking for ResetCDR(w) ?  I'm using this in the fashion
you describe and it seems to do the job.

  -= Info about application 'ResetCDR' =-

[Synopsis]
Resets the Call Data Record

[Description]
  ResetCDR([options]):  This application causes the Call Data Record to be
reset.
    w -- Store the current CDR record before resetting it.
    a -- Store any stacked records.
    v -- Save CDR variables.