[asterisk-dev] CDR questions

Loic DIDELOT ldidelot at voipgate.com
Thu Jan 11 02:18:25 MST 2007

I think you are wrong. Here is the behaviour I notice and I expect and
it works like this with a few minor exceptions.

After a forkcdr a new cdr is started and all new manual modifications to
the cdr (userfield, accountcode, cli) are/should only applied to the new
cdr. lastdata lastapp should be applied to the new cdr as well and must
not be applied to the old one. So lastapp for the old cdr is "ForkCDR".

The only thing which remains to the old cdr are billsec and duration.
They must be applied to both.

Here is how we use it. We get an incoming call. Through our database we
know that the user has setup a redirection (webinterface). We dial the
user but he is offline. Ok, now we need to send this call to one of our
carriers to the number the user setup in our db. Before we send the call
to the Carrier we do a forkcdr so that we get a new line. So the old cdr
represente the incoming call, the new cdr represents the outgoing call.
The incoming call is later not rated/billed but the outgoing is. Well
there are plenty of variables set after the fokcdr but basically this is
how we use it.

Best regards,
Loic Didelot.