[asterisk-dev] Support for Agent channels in Bridge manager and dial plan patch

Tim Ringenbach tim.ringenbach at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 21:57:19 MST 2007

On 1/5/07, BJ Weschke <bweschke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Local channels probably pose the same issue for you as well. This was

I've been using the 1.2 version of the patch, specificly the manager command
(as opposed to the dialplan application), for quite some time with Local
channels and have not run into problems.

I'm not too familiar with chan_agent, is Agent/1 actually a channel like
you'd pass to, e.g. the manager redirect command, or a device like you'd
pass to the Dial command or add to a queue? Or is it somehow both? With
local channels you have what I usually call a device, like
Local/5000 at my_content
that you can Dial(), which creates two new channels,
Local/5000 at my_content-aaaa,1
and ,2, one of which is linked to the channel that called Dial, the other
starts navigating the dialplan, and can be bridged just fine to some other
live channel, or it can Dial a device and get bridged that way. In the end,
if there's not a dial string of n, both Local channels masquerade themselves
out of the way (producing 3 rename events each, which only through reading
the code did I realize were a single entity, and that for my purposes only
the middle one mattered).

--Tim