[asterisk-dev] Support for Agent channels in Bridge manager and dial plan patch

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 10:03:09 MST 2007

On 1/3/07, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have been working with the patch for the Bridge manager action
> and dial plan application. So far it seems to work, however, more
> testing is needed, this bug/feature has more than 1 year on the
> bugtracker, plz if someone has the time, test it.
>
> A known issue is that does not work with Agent channels. It seems
> Agent channel is like a proxy, and hides the real channel. So this
> does not work:
>
> Bridge(Agent/something)
>
> Because I use the routine ast_get_channel_by_name_locked on the
> argument to try to get the channel and do_masquerade() on it. So the
> channel is not found because the real channel is hidden, and the call
> to Bridge fails.
>
> Should I write a call similar to ast_get_channel_by_name_locked() that
> supports the proxy concept? or something like that already exists?
>
> Any advice will be appreciated.

 Local channels probably pose the same issue for you as well. This was
talked about in the dev sessions at Astricon this year and while
everyone acknowledged the work put in to the Bridge action and the
need to have such a feature, I think the outcome of the discussion was
that for the same reason you're having issues now, a core "Bridging
API" is necessary is really necessary to put this kind of thing to
rest once and for all.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/