[asterisk-dev] Asterisk going to SIPit!

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Tue Feb 13 08:39:35 MST 2007

13 feb 2007 kl. 15.55 skrev Marc Blanchet:

> Olle,
>  I considered to go to the last fall sipit event with our ipv6 port
> of asterisk. However, I was wondering at that time if there would
> be other SIP-v6 implementations to test against. In Japan, I would
> be pretty sure, but...  Do you have that information (v6-sip
> implementations) from participants in Sipit-belgium?

I did not particularily look for IPv6 since we did not have it, but
know that my friend
Fredrik who writes the open source SIP proxy YXA only had one other
IPv6 implementation
to test against. So in order to make a true interoperability event
for IPv6 I guess one need
to work on the SIP mailing lists and raise some interest.

Any information from SIPit participants I get is confidential, so I
can't really reveal much about
who has got what. It's a way to get openess during the tests. It's
very fun being open source and
just showing the code in such an environment. Open Source projects
tends to get a lot
of help and you also realize that the commercial developers know your
product very well
and are more than willing to help you.

YXA is available at http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/yxa/ if you
want to test.
A very good, SIP-compliant and fast SIP proxy, written in Erlang.
IPv6 support
is mentioned as a core feature on the front page.

/O