[asterisk-dev] New frame type for IAX: AST_FRAME_RAW ?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Tue Feb 6 17:31:15 MST 2007

Lee Howard schrieb:
> I'm curious as to what kinds of iaxmodem modifications you're considering.
> Using raw ISDN data one could, in theory, implement a true Group 4 Fax

Hi,

there a many more applications than Fax G4. But Fax G4 is a good
example to understand my idea.

I don't know, whether one can bypass spandsp in iaxmodem or
whether it would be necessary to make a complete new version
of iaxmodem without spandsp. I did not yet study this deep
enough.

Roger.

P.S.
Another application would be "Leonardo file transfer", which
newspapers or some graphical workshops do still use.