[asterisk-dev] New frame type for IAX: AST_FRAME_RAW ?

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue Feb 6 17:07:44 MST 2007

Roger Schreiter wrote:

> Anyway, one may whish to transport ISDN raw data to another
> asterisk box or to a modified iaxmodem, also supporting
> the new feature of ISDN raw data.

I'm curious as to what kinds of iaxmodem modifications you're considering.

Using raw ISDN data one could, in theory, implement a true Group 4 Fax
interface... but although iaxmodem may serve as a nice little libiax2
primer to get things started for someone, it probably wouldn't serve as
very ideal jumping-off spot for this kind of project.  And if one's
ambitions really were Group 4 fax, then there would be the matter of
implementing Group 4 protocol into some HylaFAX-like software (because I
don't know of any OSS that actually does Group 4 protocol).

Lee.