[asterisk-dev] New frame type for IAX: AST_FRAME_RAW ?

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue Feb 6 17:37:07 MST 2007

Roger Schreiter wrote:

> I don't know, whether one can bypass spandsp in iaxmodem or
> whether it would be necessary to make a complete new version
> of iaxmodem without spandsp. I did not yet study this deep
> enough.

Of course one could go through the effort to rip out spandsp from
iaxmodem... it shouldn't be too hard...

But if you're talking about ppp ... you know with, like, V.34 or V.90
then you'll probably need to seek commercial DSPs, as undoubtedly there
are patent licenses involved.  And with that in mind, it may be easier
to write from scratch, just using iaxmodem maybe as a primer/learning
tool.  It's intentionally written in a way that you should be able to
make sense of libiax2 by reading through the code.

Lee.