[asterisk-dev] Unified Asterisk Interface

David Roden dr at ina-germany.de
Tue Dec 11 08:02:37 CST 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007 20:17:58 Jim Capp wrote:

> This makes sense, but it is a little scary.  I like the separation of
> AGI and AMI from Asterisk.

And that separation makes sense. What does not make sense (IMHO) is that there
are two APIs that each allow you to access a certain subset of Asterisk's
features only and no API that can be used to utilize every feature Asterisk
has to offer. (Just to make sure: The kind of API I'm talking about allows
access to Asterisk's features without access to the source code.)

> It allows us to build things without encumbering the server itself.

Right. Currently I have to add three different AGI calls to an Asterisk
dialplan for my application to work. This is something I would like to get
rid of, or cut down at least to the required minimum--which would be a single
line.

	David