[asterisk-dev] AMI losing events

Jim Capp jcapp at anteil.com
Mon Dec 10 09:50:09 CST 2007

Gabriel,

    I am working on a project where I have a single java thread reading
all the events and collecting them into "channel variables" which are
then returned via http in xml.  When processes try to read the xml data,
the java process will provide an immediate response and subsequent
requests will block until there is a change in the data.

This technique smooths over problems with lost events and provides a
method for satisfying hundreds of XML requests without impacting the
Asterisk server.

I am curious to know what kind of events are being lost and whether the
problem is one of the Asterisk manager interface being overloaded with
too many requests.  If not, then I am also concerned about the
effectiveness of my particular solution.

Can you tell me more about what is being lost?

Thanks,

Jim