[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] file: trunk r81345 - /trunk/main/event.c

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Aug 29 14:11:40 CDT 2007

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> hmmm... sorry for raising more questions, but does it mean that
> also ast_event_ie has the same restrictions as ast-event (cannot
> be changed as it has to match the wire format) ?
>
> in any case, if there is such a restriction (surely for struct ast_event,
> possibly for struct ast_event_ie) then the definition should not
> be here but in a common place so we make sure that chan_iax and
> event.c use the same layout.

Questions are good.  I don't mind.

Yes, the same restriction would be for ast_event_ie.  The reason I put them
internally instead of a common place was that I didn't envision the need for
whatever transport method used to know the structure of the event itself.  It is
just given a blob of data that needs to get across the network and can find out
the length using an ast_event_get_size() API call (which only exists in the
branch where I have been working on methods for transporting these across the
network).

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer