[asterisk-dev] ITU V.150.1 (also know as V.MOIP)

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Apr 3 06:39:21 MST 2007

Zoa wrote:

> Do you know any products that actually support v.150.1 ?
> It's probably heavily patent encumbered and about a zillion times more
> work then to implement foip.

I've seen mention of some, but I've never seen anything solid. Its hard
to imagine what could be novel enough to justify patents on it, but who
knows. The tricky thing is getting the timing right. T.38 works out to
be relatively simple, because it works in pages which don't last
forever. MoIP does continue unbroken forever, and the timing must be
tweaked to make that work. If you have the modems, and a solid T.38
implementation, I doubt it is that hard to build V.150.1 based upon them.

Has anyone noticed that Commetrex have implemented T.38 over Skype? I
wonder how they do that? I assume they must have got the cooperation of
Skype to bypass the usual codecs and send T.38 packets instead.

Steve