[asterisk-dev] A rewrite of Asterisk::AGI

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Fri Sep 22 11:16:22 MST 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

>>> Over the time we rewrote some perl scrits in PHP to avoid relying on
>>> Asterisk::AGI , and generally avoided the use of perl for either the
>>> manager interface of AGI. The Asterisk::Manager module of asterisk-perl
>>> seems to be broken, and yet noone can submit patches, because the
>>> development is halted.
>>>

>> Yup. If it was properly licensed, I could make it CPAN compliant and upload
>> it on CPAN...
>
> It is quite possibly more of a misunderstanding or something. He answered my
> email about getting it into CPAN July 30 2004:

  July 2004?  If people actually use Asterisk::AGI, there needs to be a
  maintainer who can put more time into it.  While I'm sure James is
  talented and this is his baby, it's kind of unfair to hold it hostage.
  Either give it away and just ask for original Authorship notice, or get it
  into CPAN fast.

  I've been emailing him for 8 months now, asking for comments on patches,
  permission to take my derivative work and post it to CPAN, etc.

  I've gotten 3 replies of the 10 I've sent.

  I feel strongly about this, mainly because I don't have free time either
  and yet I'm willing to maintain it and put it in CPAN and keep it updated
  and accept patches and be more responsive.

Beckman