[asterisk-dev] A rewrite of Asterisk::AGI

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Fri Sep 22 01:58:07 MST 2006

>> Over the time we rewrote some perl scrits in PHP to avoid relying on
>> Asterisk::AGI , and generally avoided the use of perl for either the
>> manager interface of AGI. The Asterisk::Manager module of asterisk-
>> perl
>> seems to be broken, and yet noone can submit patches, because the
>> development is halted.
>>

> Yup. If it was properly licensed, I could make it CPAN compliant
> and upload it on CPAN...

It is quite possibly more of a misunderstanding or something. He
answered my email about getting it into CPAN July 30 2004:

> Hi
>
> Are there any plans to submit asterisk-perl into CPAN?
>
> roy
>

>> That has always been the plan, but we might end up including it with
>> asterisk instead.
>>
>> I've been extremely busy lately, so my freetime has been minimal.
>>
>> James

---
"Humans mostly aren't particularly evil. They just get carried away
by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or
dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in
tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people"
  - Terry Pratchett
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net