[asterisk-dev] A rewrite of Asterisk::AGI

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Sep 22 00:52:21 MST 2006

>All Mr. Golovich has to do is simple: clarify the licensing terms of the
>modules in the asterisk-perl distribution. People seem to assume that
>just because the code is availble on the internet it may be freely
>copied , modified and redistributed.

I had the same issue as well. No reply, nothing. Your rewrite is very
much welcome, and you've preserved the Asterisk::AGI API which is great.

>I attach a lousy implementation that is good enough to run the sample
>script in its documentation. This should be something that better perl
>coders should be able to hack. And I hope that it will give some
>motivation to the author to response.

Glancing at your code now... I don't see anything wrong with it: small,
tidy subroutines, usage of 'strict'... perfect :)

>Over the time we rewrote some perl scrits in PHP to avoid relying on
>Asterisk::AGI , and generally avoided the use of perl for either the
>manager interface of AGI. The Asterisk::Manager module of asterisk-perl
>seems to be broken, and yet noone can submit patches, because the
>development is halted.

Yup. If it was properly licensed, I could make it CPAN compliant and
upload it on CPAN...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.