[asterisk-dev] VLDTMF eats DTMF, news at 11 (or look at bugid7868if you love DTMF)

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Sep 1 21:49:29 MST 2006

Joshua Colp wrote:

>> 1. Your patch added (maybe reverted) AST_FRAME_DTMF_BEGIN in the
>> waitstream core, this would have caused duplicate received DTMF in
>> applications that used the waitstream API.
Good to know..

>> 2. Your patch disregarded DTMF compensation. The return of a null
frame
>> is on purpose, the DTMF compensation will later send a BEGIN and an
END.
>> This wasn't happening correctly because of the way chan_skinny
operates.
>> The channel wasn't in a state where compensation was working
correctly.
>> By sending a BEGIN and END in chan_skinny during dialing compensation

>> doesn't occur and everything works. Once the channel is up after this

>> then DTMF compensation works fine.
Aha.  I didn't get that from the code, but that's my fault.

> Sorry if I came off a little... strict? maybe? meh insert applicable
> word... good try though and thanks for trying to track down the
problem
> originally and bringing it to our attention.
No offense taken, and I hope I did not give that impression.  I was
working on the packetization, and thought that work caused the problem.
When reverting my changes for packetization did not fix it, I went
exploring.  Now I know more than I did a couple hours ago, so it is
all good...

Thanks,
Dan