[asterisk-dev] Building an embedded Asterisk PBX

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Sep 3 06:21:49 MST 2006

----- David Rowe <david at rowetel.com> wrote:
> > As I suspected. It would be nice to have a board that supported the
>
> > addition of a socketed Octasic DSP. That way, you could load the
> existing
> > Octasic firmware that ships w/ Zaptel into it.
>
> I agree Greg - thats a excellent low risk approach to getting good
> echo
> control.

Well... the cost of doing this will be quite high. First, the Octasic parts are BGA packages, which are not designed for insertion into a socket (how off-topic is this for this list <G>). There are sockets available I'm sure, but they are designed for product development and testing, not production, and they will be expensive.

Second, I don't believe there are sources for Octasic parts in small quantities anywhere. That would be an odd business to be in, for sure.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer