[asterisk-dev] Re: SIP Multiple endpoints with same id

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Nov 9 03:02:18 MST 2006

KPF> Your hypothetical service provider example is nice, but I doubt
KPF> very many service providers today (even those not using Asterisk)
KPF> will support multiple devices being registered and using their
KPF> service without them being involved in the process.

Several providers around here support as many registrations as you
want to the same account. I kind of expected it to be a standard
feature, until I started using Asterisk. Some of the providers limit
the number of simultaneous calls on one account, but that's no
different from multiple calls on one phone.

/Benny