[asterisk-dev] Re: Fwd: Asterisk and Max TNT PRI to SIP Authentication Issue, a little closer

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 17:19:13 MST 2006

> Put a ser in between asterisk and TNT
>
> -alex
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, JR Richardson wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the cross post.  I really think this needs to be brought to
> > developers attention, I could be wrong though.
> >
> > I've also been working with some TNT folks to see if I can get the TNT
> > not to send user=phone in the sip invite.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a solution to tell Asterisk sip not require
> > authentication if there is a user= within the invite?
> > insecure=port,invite is not doing anything for me.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > JR

So if I put SER in between the TNT and the Asterisk Cluster, doesn't that
mean that SER will re-invite the TNT SIP call to an asterisk server for call
completion?  If I can't get Asterisk to accept a direct sip call from the
TNT, how is it different accepting a call from the TNT that was re-directed
by a SER invite?  Help me understand, if it works like that, ok, I just
don't see how.

Thanks.

JR