[asterisk-dev] Re: Fwd: Asterisk and Max TNT PRI to SIP Authentication Issue, a little closer

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Thu Nov 9 23:48:34 MST 2006

9 nov 2006 kl. 01.19 skrev JR Richardson:

>> Put a ser in between asterisk and TNT
>>
>> -alex
>> On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, JR Richardson wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry for the cross post.  I really think this needs to be
>>> brought to
>>> developers attention, I could be wrong though.
>>>
>>> I've also been working with some TNT folks to see if I can get
>>> the TNT
>>> not to send user=phone in the sip invite.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of a solution to tell Asterisk sip not require
>>> authentication if there is a user= within the invite?
>>> insecure=port,invite is not doing anything for me.

user=phone is the only specified use of the user= option in the INVITE.
No, we don't use that and can't relate that to authentication. Never
seen
that being suggested earlier.

Authentication is based on peer matching. For each peer, you can enable
or disable auth - but not enable it only if there's no user=phone
header.

/o