[asterisk-dev] Clearing pick-up groups on Zap/ channels

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Nov 8 09:11:20 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:44:54AM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > Note that I don't aim that high. I just aim at keeping this option open
> > (let alone making 'reload chan_zap.so' work as defined).
>
> As the US Air Force recruitment ads say: AIM HIGH!

But first I'd like to fix bugs. The current implementation is buggy, and
I have suggested a simple way to fix it. It has some other nice side
effect for future modifications, but my short-term aim is simpler.

The long-term goal and short-term goal are not exactly conflicting here.

> Seriously... lots of people will be very happy if someone out there can
> find the time to re-do chan_zap's config system to make it compatible
> with the rest of Asterisk, compatible with Realtime (for those who want
> to use it) and easier to manage from automated maintenance tools like
> GUIs. It's on our internal list of projects, but it's there with 30+
> other things that are probably going to happen first...

Naturally...

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org