[asterisk-dev] Clearing pick-up groups on Zap/ channels

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Nov 8 10:04:20 MST 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 9:44 AM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>> Note that I don't aim that high. I just aim at keeping this option
>> open
>> (let alone making 'reload chan_zap.so' work as defined).
>
> As the US Air Force recruitment ads say: AIM HIGH!
>
> Seriously... lots of people will be very happy if someone out there can
> find the time to re-do chan_zap's config system to make it compatible
> with the rest of Asterisk, compatible with Realtime (for those who want
> to use it) and easier to manage from automated maintenance tools like
> GUIs. It's on our internal list of projects, but it's there with 30+
> other things that are probably going to happen first...

Yeah, to be honest, I've been saving such major changes to config files
and such for whenever I can start working on a new version of chan_zap
that would replace it (or supersede it) for some configurations.  There
is a lot of reorganizational work that should be done, and personally I
think we need to break the CCS signalling protocols (ISDN/SS7) out into
another channel driver.  There are things more important than the
config file format that I would like to see change in chan_zap.

Matthew Fredrickson