[asterisk-dev] Music on hold deafens in 1.4b3

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Nov 3 09:44:21 MST 2006

John Lange wrote:
> This is using the default asterisk music files (calm river etc.). Were
> they re-sampled or repackaged in 1.4 which would make them much louder?

If you had looked at them, you would see that they are completely
difference. In 1.2, they were mp3 files, played using mpg123. In 1.4,
they are native format files played directly.

However, during the packaging process I _do_ lower their volume using
sox... if it's not far enough, I can certainly modify the tarball
building process.