[asterisk-dev] IAX2 still broken

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Nov 1 08:27:36 MST 2006

Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> Basically, I am unable to use 1.4svn for IAX2 traffic at this point,
> because it just "stops" as the user described above. I also get some weird
> CLI hangs where the CLI locks up and/or the system goes off into space and
> will not do anything when you issue a "stop now".
>
> I can provide access to our development box if anyone cares to log in and
> run Asterisk under GDB...

That sounds like a deadlock.  It will require access to a machine with the
problem and debugging with gdb.  I would be happy to log in and see if I can
figure it out if you, or anyone else seeing the problem, can catch me on IRC.
If I'm not around, I'm sure someone else would be interested in looking at it as
well.

To prepare for debugging, you should run "make menuselect", go to the Compiler
Flags section, and enable DONT_OPTIMIZE and DEBUG_THREADS.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer