Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: [asterisk-dev] Making some changes to chan_sipandwouldlikesomefeedback

Alejandro Kauffmann akauffma at prodigy.net.mx
Sun May 14 09:06:14 MST 2006

> Maybe it is just me, but I think you are trying to go the hard way
> aboutgetting this done.
>
> Other than dialing out, there isn't really a need to change any
> information in the sip.conf file when a user logs in. You could
> just as
> easily link in your DB the dumb device you have with the user and
> when a
> call needs to go to that user, you just look up the device to send the
> call via your scripts that you have already.
>
> Dialing out of these dumb devices could also take a short trip through
> your scripts to verify who they are and then attach that
> information to
> the call before allowing the call to finish progressing.
>
> So unless you are changing the way the device behaves when they
> log in,
> there doesn't seem to be a need for code changes.

We first went that route, but found that it's not efficient.  Our inbound volume is low, so running through a script to find the user at a paricular device was easy enough.

Outbound dialing proved to be a bit tougher.  Since access to specific services and dialing patterns is done at the original sip load based on what context the device belongs to, the only way we could think of allowing restricted dialing after user login was to include a script that all devices use to check what user is logged on it and thus allow/disallow that dialing pattern.

Our current outbound volume is 2 calls/second.  We expect that to hit 4 calls/second.  Running a script to check permission sets based on what user is logged into a particular device 4 times per second does not seem to be a particular good use of cpu cycles.

Since it's possible to do without code modification, I understand there would be no interest/support for a modification similar to what we want to do.  Perhaps we need to dig further and pose it as a user question on the appropriate forum.  In the mean time we will just patch against new versions and run it unsupported.

Thank you for your comments and time.

Alex