Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: [asterisk-dev] Making some changes to chan_sipandwouldlikesomefeedback

Steven critch at basesys.com
Sun May 14 11:26:17 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 11:06 -0500, Alejandro Kauffmann wrote:
> > Maybe it is just me, but I think you are trying to go the hard way
> > aboutgetting this done.
> >
> > Other than dialing out, there isn't really a need to change any
> > information in the sip.conf file when a user logs in. You could
> > just as
> > easily link in your DB the dumb device you have with the user and
> > when a
> > call needs to go to that user, you just look up the device to send the
> > call via your scripts that you have already.
> >
> > Dialing out of these dumb devices could also take a short trip through
> > your scripts to verify who they are and then attach that
> > information to
> > the call before allowing the call to finish progressing.
> >
> > So unless you are changing the way the device behaves when they
> > log in,
> > there doesn't seem to be a need for code changes.
>

> We first went that route, but found that it's not efficient.  Our
> inbound volume is low, so running through a script to find the user at
> a paricular device was easy enough.
>
> Outbound dialing proved to be a bit tougher.  Since access to specific
> services and dialing patterns is done at the original sip load based
> on what context the device belongs to, the only way we could think of
> allowing restricted dialing after user login was to include a script
> that all devices use to check what user is logged on it and thus
> allow/disallow that dialing pattern.
>
> Our current outbound volume is 2 calls/second.  We expect that to hit
> 4 calls/second.  Running a script to check permission sets based on
> what user is logged into a particular device 4 times per second does
> not seem to be a particular good use of cpu cycles.
>
> Since it's possible to do without code modification, I understand
> there would be no interest/support for a modification similar to what
> we want to do.  Perhaps we need to dig further and pose it as a user
> question on the appropriate forum.  In the mean time we will just
> patch against new versions and run it unsupported.

While this answer turns into that of a user question answer, let me
suggest you look at some of the built in database apps. It allows you to
query the DB directly from the dialplan. With a little logic, you could
craft the extensions.conf such that you don't have to run a script for
each outbound call yet still verify from the DB that the device is
authed or not.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>