[asterisk-dev] Problem with last 1.2 chan_sip fix?

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Tue Mar 28 17:35:29 MST 2006

On Tuesday, March 28, 2006, 19:00:38, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Mark Hulber wrote:
>> the 1.2 branch is development?  What is the stable 1.2 branch then?
>
> The only thing you can call 'stable' (although we don't use that word)
> are the tarball releases. Since there are bug fixes being made all the
> time in the 1.2 branch, it still has the possibility of being broken (as
> it was yesterday and this morning).
>
> While this will not happen as often as it does in the trunk, it will
> still happen. In this case 'development' still applies, as we are always
> moving the 1.2 branch towards a state with fewer known problems;
> 'stable' means no changes at all.

I think what he's looking for is what other (I'm primarily familiar with
OpenBSD)  repositories  call  a  "patch  branch".  In  a  nutshell its a
derivative  of  the last 'stable' branch with only important patches and
fixes (that address security or crashing issues) applied.

If  I'm  interpreting  the  forthcoming Asterisk Development and Release
Cycle  strategy  correctly  such  an  animal wont exist until v1.4 is in
place.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh