[asterisk-dev] Problem with last 1.2 chan_sip fix?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Mar 28 17:00:38 MST 2006

Mark Hulber wrote:
> the 1.2 branch is development?  What is the stable 1.2 branch then?

The only thing you can call 'stable' (although we don't use that word)
are the tarball releases. Since there are bug fixes being made all the
time in the 1.2 branch, it still has the possibility of being broken (as
it was yesterday and this morning).

While this will not happen as often as it does in the trunk, it will
still happen. In this case 'development' still applies, as we are always
moving the 1.2 branch towards a state with fewer known problems;
'stable' means no changes at all.