[asterisk-dev] backports?

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Mar 22 02:26:39 MST 2006

21 mar 2006 kl. 16.39 skrev Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk:

> hi
>
> some of us needs to run something quite stable during the works of
> the trunk, so sometimes backports from trunk are needed.
>
> may it be a good idea to setup a separate bugtracker for this?
> there have been some noise on mantis about bugs submitted to the
> frozen versions of asterisk. I may host this on my own hardware if
> this seems appropriate

Since there actually is a lot of activity going on in the community
in regards to producing backports, we could consider a
  way to maintain them. I'll discuss this with Kevin and see what we
can do. Important for developers are that these
are maintained by other people and that they never become the primary
target for new development.

Also, we would need to make it very clear that this functionality is
added to production PBX systems
without any support, since everyone has to test these patches and
apply them on their own - the "standard"
bug tracker won't accept any bug reports on these patches.

New development will always be applied to the trunk, no new features
are added to release versions.

I am sure that when you say "bugs submitted to the frozen versions"
you mean "new features". We have a very strict
policy on *not* accepting any submitted bugs. Bug fixes on the other
hand, are accepted both for release and trunk ;-)

Give me some time and I'll return on this topic. No promises apart
from consideration of this.

/Olle