[asterisk-dev] Bug marshal

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Mar 6 11:25:05 MST 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 12:07, Rich Adamson wrote:
> Given the cards you have available, might want to take a look at trying
> to identify why the TDM and X100p cards inject a transmission loss into
> the audio stream. Have a look at the old bugs 2022 and 2023.

I was evaluating a condition where a TDM card (TE405 rev1) would not send ANY
audio frames whilst transmitting DTMF.  It should have been returning muted
(silent) audio frames but had *no* data for the driver while the driver was
sending DTMF.  I have it in as bug 4226 for those interested.

> I'm in the middle of documenting specifically the transmission loss
> associated with the TDM vs Sangoma card. For example, if rxgain and txgain
> are set to 0, and one dials a milliwatt generator (or uses a direct
> attached tone generator), there is a significant transmission loss.

I was not experimenting with *any* gains at all during this testing, but it's
been almost a year since I was playing with it.

-A.