[asterisk-dev] Bug marshal

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Mar 6 10:07:06 MST 2006

> Olle suggested that I email this list with respect to offering my
> services as a bug marshal.  I currently know my way around chan_zap and
> some of the zaptel code as a result of maintaining the history buffer
> patches over the last year or so.
>
> If there's any area that needs urgent attention I don't mind seeing if I
> can get into it.  My main programming skills include C, shell-scripting,
> PHP, MySQL and some assembler (68k/x86).  Other skills include
> networking (TCP/IP, Cisco routers/switches, Linux), network security
> (mainly firewalls) and web development (on LAMP).
>
> I can use my kit at home for testing outside of working hours - I have a
> TDM01B and an X100P clone, a Cisco ATA-186 (SIP) and both IAX and SIP
> connections to providers.

Given the cards you have available, might want to take a look at trying
to identify why the TDM and X100p cards inject a transmission loss into
the audio stream. Have a look at the old bugs 2022 and 2023.

I'm in the middle of documenting specifically the transmission loss
associated with the TDM vs Sangoma card. For example, if rxgain and txgain
are set to 0, and one dials a milliwatt generator (or uses a direct attached
tone generator), there is a significant transmission loss.

If you have an interest in this, please contact me off list.