[asterisk-dev] removing "a=SilenceSupp:off" from SDP headers

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Mar 2 00:54:37 MST 2006

1 mar 2006 kl. 20.32 skrev Eliel Sardañons:

> Hi,
>          while trying to use a huawei softswitch, we notice that
> they have
> problems with our SDP package header. What we have done was strip
> from the
> header the line "a=SilenceSupp:off" and that way things started
> working
> right. To accomplish this we commented this line from channels/
> chan_sip.c:
>
> /* ast_build_string(&a_audio_next, &a_audio_left,
> "a=silenceSupp:off - - - -
> -\r\n");  */
>
> Is there a way to show/hide this part of the SDP header from the
> asterisk
> configuration? (we couldn't find one) if not, would it be useful to
> implement
> it? I'm thinking in a new option in sip.conf which could be used
> both in
> [general] and for each account something like
> 'hidesilencesupp=yes'. What do
> you think about this?

Unless there are many devices out there that does not support this
standard option,
I would not really consider making a change for *one* broken
implementation out there.

It is important that the softswitch does not rely on us supporting
silence suppression and that it
is turned off in the Huawei switch.

/O