[asterisk-dev] removing "a=SilenceSupp:off" from SDP headers

Eliel Sardañons eliel.sardanons at reliable.com.ar
Wed Mar 1 12:32:14 MST 2006

Hi,
         while trying to use a huawei softswitch, we notice that they have
problems with our SDP package header. What we have done was strip from the
header the line "a=SilenceSupp:off" and that way things started working
right. To accomplish this we commented this line from channels/chan_sip.c:

/* ast_build_string(&a_audio_next, &a_audio_left, "a=silenceSupp:off - - - -
-\r\n");  */

Is there a way to show/hide this part of the SDP header from the asterisk
configuration? (we couldn't find one) if not, would it be useful to implement
it? I'm thinking in a new option in sip.conf which could be used both in
[general] and for each account something like 'hidesilencesupp=yes'. What do
you think about this?

Thanks in advance

PD: Sorry for my english...

--
Eliel Sardanons
eliel.sardanons at reliable.com.ar
Tel. 5239-2524
Cel. 156-125-4461
[My software never has bugs. It just develops random features]