[asterisk-dev] app_page enhancements

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Jul 25 11:15:32 MST 2006

Hello everyone,

	A useful option to app_page would be an option to automatically exclude
channels that are in use, not just the caller.  This is an obvious one.
  People that are on the phone do not want to get a call waiting beep
for a page...

	A colleague of mine and I have "hacked" (for lack of a better term)
support to exclude channels that are in use by using
ast_channel_walk_locked and ast_bridged_channel to build a list of
channels to exclude in addition to the originating caller.  I have
attached the diff.  I know it needs work and I would love for someone to
improve on it.  TIP: Look for strstr - we only compare the resource, not
the resource and technology.  If you have multiple identical resource
names shared across multiple technologies, it will exclude them all.
Not good, but I don't know what else to do. HELP!

	Another less important "enhancement" would be the option (perhaps
another application entirely) to use app_conference instead of
app_meetme.  I know that app_conference is not in CVS, and app_meetme in
HEAD already includes most of the enhancements from app_conference
(reductions in transcoding, etc).  I think it would be worthwhile for
1.2 users and app_conference fans to be able to use app_pagecon (or
whatever the new spawn would be called).

	I am willing to setup a bounty for this (especially for the
app_conference hack) but I wanted to discuss it first.

	What do you all think?

	Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner