[asterisk-dev] Solaris zaptel

Joseph Benden joe at thrallingpenguin.com
Fri Jul 21 10:32:27 MST 2006

Hello,

The Zaptel source code is completely different from the current TRUNK.
It would be a large undertaking to ensure the same code base compiled on
all platforms.  I believe this is why the FreeBSD drivers are separate
as well.  Basically, Solaris != Linux on multiple levels.

So, for Zaptel, I'd like my own module like: zaptel-solaris/trunk

For Asterisk, I'd like two things.  I'd like a branch for Solaris using
the stable release branch.  This is because the PKGs offered and used
should be from the stable branch.  Why the branch?  Well because it'll
take some time to get TRUNK truly able to have Solaris squared away and
I need to be able to build packages now.  Past dealings with patch
submissions for TRUNK have taken a long time to be merged and I really
can not wait for those merges to be realized.

I already have a disclaimer on file with Digium.

Thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?
-Joe