[asterisk-dev] Adding max_open_files option to asterisk.conf?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Fri Jul 7 04:41:34 MST 2006

> I've written this little patch for 1.2 to allow setting the maximum
> open files in asterisk.conf. This resembles the use of 'ulimit -n'
> before starting asterisk, but I find it a better solution to do
> this with setrlimit in the asterisk code, the same way as -g calls
> setrlimit to allow a coredump. Unfortunately, I don't really know
> my way around the trunk code, but is there anyone that can help
> porting the code, please?

It might even help to send the actual patch :)

http://asterisk-backports.org/wiki/index.php/Max_open_files-1.2

All is GPL and my disclaimer is sent. The reason I'm not filing this
on mantis, is it's still 1.2 code

hope this is ok

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net
(+47) 98013356
---
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there
is no air to get in the way.